Greetings from the Wang Center for Global and Community Engaged Education!
For short-term PLU faculty-led study away courses (J-Term, Spring Break, Summer), the Wang Center normally arranges all group airline travel for programs which require this mode of transportation. If program participants wish to travel independently from the established group airline itinerary -- either to the study away destination, following the completion of the program, or both -- please complete this form to file your request.
Deadline to submit independent travel request for
- J-Term study away: August 31st
- Spring Break/Summer study away: contact the Wang Center (firstname.lastname@example.org or 253-535-7577)
Late requests will be accepted on a case-by-case basis only.
First, the faculty leader of the study away course must approve each participant's request to travel separate from the group itinerary. Some faculty leaders do not allow participants to deviate from the group itinerary for academic or logistical reasons. Please request approval from your faculty leader and forward the email with your faculty leader's approval to email@example.com.
For questions about the process to request independent travel for a short-term PLU faculty-led study away course, please contact Courtney Olsen, Manager of Short-Term Programs (firstname.lastname@example.org or 253-535-7628).
Participants must complete the steps outlined in the Short-Term Study Away, Request for Independent Travel document. Once they have done this, they will receive an airline credit posted to their PLU Student Account (approximately 30 days prior to program start date), for the per passenger ticket amount.
- Failure to comply with the requirements and deadlines listed above may result in the Wang Center’s inability to post the applicable airline credit to participants’ PLU Student Account.
- PLU's foreign travel insurance does not cover any trip cancellation costs.
- Participants may elect to purchase a separate trip cancellation insurance policy from an independent provider.
- Participants on independent/personal travel will receive coverage through PLU's foreign travel insurance (see insurance summary for details and exclusions).